One of the most important aspects our team focusses on, is administering Marketing Cloud Connect to leverage your Salesforce Object Data effectively. Setting this up correctly is extremely important for all your automation processes and scalability initiatives.
Let’s dive in!
The first thing you want to do is making sure you have the latest managed package installed. This ensure that all recent releases and bug fixes are implemented so you can enjoy a seamless integration setup. This process provides you with a full release cycle to test the new package before we auto-update your production org.
Connecting the Clouds. There are a few prerequisites that you need to be aware of before connecting your Salesforce instance.
- Configurating SFMC and SFMC Connect. Connect your Marketing Cloud account to the corresponding Sales or Service Cloud org at the account level to continue Marketing Cloud Connect setup.
- Configure the CRM. Here you focus specifically on authentication, workflows and security.
- Your settings. The idea here is to manage your settings correctly in order for you to enable sending, model your attributes and business unit management.
- This fun little feature is a secure authentication mechanism used by Marketing Cloud Connect to connect from Marketing Cloud to Sales or Service Cloud. Now your users are authenticated automatically without Sales or Service Cloud user password management.
From Sales or Service Cloud. Integrated users send Marketing Cloud emails through the Sales or Service Cloud with Marketing Cloud Connect. You can send single emails to leads, contacts, and person account records, or send to a list through campaigns and reports.
From Marketing Cloud. Marketing Cloud classic emails and Content Builder emails can also be sent to Salesforce reports, campaigns, and data extensions directly in Marketing Cloud Email Studio.
Sending from Marketing Cloud has benefits. You can send dynamic emails and sender profiles, create automated, triggered responses using real-time object based values or create robust subscriber models and attributes that manages your customer lifecycles and journeys. The flexibility within your Marketing Cloud instance enables you to integrate with third-party data lakes and leverages omni-channel capabilities to create a truly great, personalized customer experience.
New to Marketing Cloud?
There are a wide selection of tutorials that will help you get your Marketing Cloud platform up and running. Have a look at the below Salesforce tutorials to give you an idea of what you can do.
- Learn how to use standard and custom object data to personalize triggered sends through Marketing Cloud Connect.
- This Marketing Cloud Connect tutorial shows how to create a custom report in Sales or Service Cloud.
- This Marketing Cloud Connect tutorial shows how to use email send definitions and programs in Marketing Cloud to automate and schedule sends to Sales or Service Cloud reports and campaigns.
Our team has a passion for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and has worked on green leaf implementations as well as managing scalability projects for our clients. If you have any questions about your Marketing Cloud platform or need some assistance, feel free to reach out to our team.
We’re here to help you grow.